Request Dues Assistance from Your Employer
Are You Looking for a Way to Offset Your ACOG Membership Fees?
Good news: Many employers will cover the entire cost—or at least a portion—of professional organization memberships. If your employer offers this benefit, please forward your ACOG membership invoice directly to them. ACOG has created templates to help support your dues payment request.
Dues Request Letter Template
Use this template when you request employer coverage of membership fees.
Subject: Approval Needed for ACOG Membership
Hi [Supervisor Name / Finance Contact],
I am reaching out to request approval to [become a member of / renew my membership with] the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). With more than 60,000 members, ACOG is the premier professional membership organization for obstetrician–gynecologists.
From clinical guidance to technology and regulations, the health care field is constantly changing. An ACOG membership will help me stay on top of these changes so I can continue to serve [workplace name] and our patients to the very best of my ability.
An ACOG membership, paid annually, comes with immediate access to the following:
- The latest clinical guidance, including Obstetrics & Gynecology ($635 value)
- COVID-19 resources delivered through email weekly, such as practice advisories, discussion guides, and FAQs
- Year-round continuing medical education opportunities
- Discounts on ACOG products, publications, and events such as their Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting ($200+ value)
- Resources for coding, billing, and other practice management concerns
- Access to a patient website with easy-to-use resources for educating patients
- The option to be listed in ACOG’s Find an Ob-Gyn Directory
- Discounts on maintenance of certification ($390 value)
ACOG’s members are leaders in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. The organization provides invaluable opportunities to network and connect with other members and serve in leadership positions within the organization. As a member, I will also have the chance to influence advocacy for our profession and patients at the state and federal levels. Opportunities like this will only help solidify [workplace name]’s role as a leader in women’s health care.
I am confident that an ACOG membership is a good investment for [workplace name] and will help me continue to deliver on my commitment to improving the lives of our patients. I look forward to hearing back from you, and welcome the opportunity to discuss further.