Make plans to join your friends and colleagues at the 2023 Districts I & V Annual District Meeting October 27–29 in Newport, Rhode Island, for a weekend of networking, connecting in person, and learning from leading experts in the field—all while enjoying some of New England’s most beautiful coastal landscapes. This year’s theme, Putting It into Practice, will build on all that we’ve learned in recent years and effectively integrate that knowledge to help you navigate the changing landscape of health care. We will begin each day with an activity such as yoga or a walk, then continue on to talks and breakout sessions featuring guest speakers who are experts in their field.
Meeting highlights include …
- Addressing environmental factors as they relate to health care
- Discussions about trauma-informed care and self-care and adverse childhood events as they relate to maternal health outcomes
- Reproductive justice panel
- Breakout sessions on human trafficking, transgender health care, coding updates, advocacy, and community service in daily practice
- Activity sessions that reinforce the importance of finding balance and passion in your life, such as bird-watching, improvisational performing, and book club
- Family movie night