Apply to be the ACOG District IV Medical Student Representative to the District IV Junior Fellow Advisory Council!
- Be a rising third-year medical student
- Have an active ACOG membership
- Remain in District IV for the entirety of the one-year term
Selection and Term
The application deadline is July 31, 2021.
Applicants should submit the following to the District IV Program Manager, Lily Penney at [email protected] to be considered:
- Curriculum vitae
- One-page letter of intent outlining experience and goals
- Letter of support from clerkship director
The selected student will be notified by August 31 and they will serve a one-year term beginning at the upcoming virtual District IV Annual District Meeting October 8-10, 2021.
- Serve as a resource for District IV medical students with an interest in ACOG and/or a career in ob-gyn (i.e. those residing in District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Argentina, Puerto Rico, and the West Indies)
- Maintain a database of District IV ob-gyn and women’s health medical student interest groups (including contact information for acting student leaders and faculty advisors)
- Share relevant announcements and opportunities with these medical student interest groups and promote dissemination of information to their members
- With assistance from the Junior Fellows, plan and lead medical student activities and projects throughout the year and at District meetings
- Prepare a formal report for and attend the District IV Junior Fellow Advisory Council Meetings and the District IV Interim Junior Fellow Advisory Council Meeting in spring 2022. Travel and room and board will be covered for mandatory meetings