District II Award Winners
2023 ACOG Council of District Chairs (CDC) Award
Awarded to District II for developing Hospital Strategies: Reentering Obstetrician-Gynecologists into Practice, a resource which offers recommended strategies to successfully execute an ob-gyns reentry into hospital practice in ways that benefit the physician, hospital, and patient community..
2023 ACOG Outstanding District Service Award
Winner: Kathleen Morrell, MD, MPH, for her ongoing leadership activities for ACOG and District II and for her ongoing physician advocacy role for ACOG as well as for the benefit of her patient community.
2022 ACOG District II Adopt a Junior Fellow Mentor Award
Awarded to District II Fellows who have mentored District Junior Fellows.
- Iffath Abbasi Hoskins MD, FACOG
- Jessica Atrio, MD, MSc, FACOG
- Sarah Berga, MD, FACOG
- Peter Bernstein, MD, MPH, FACOG
- Cathy Berry, MD, FACOG
- Eva Chalas, MD, FACOG, FACS
- Camille Clare, MD, MPH, CPE, FACOG
- Ashlesha Dayal, MD, FACOG
- Molly Findley, DO, FACOG
- Wing Kay Fok, MD, MS, FACOG
- Nagaraj Gabbur, MD, FACOG
- Meera Garcia, MD, FACOG
- David Garry, DO, FACOG
- J. Christopher Glantz, MD, MPH, FACOG
- Edward Jiménez, MD, FACOG, FACS
- Leah Kaufman, MD, FACOG
- Susan Khalil, MD, FACOG
- Sharifa Menon, MD, FACOG
- Kathleen Morrell, MD, MPH, FACOG
- Justin To, MD, FACOG
- Sevan Vahanian, MD, FACOG
2022 Donald F. Richardson Memorial Prize Paper Award
Two Junior Fellows are selected from 12 national District finalists to present their research at the Annual Clinical & Scientific Meeting.
District II Finalist: Logan Todhunter, DO, University of Rochester
John Gibbons Medical Student Travel Award–2023 Annual Clinical & Scientific Meeting
- Esther Chen, SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, College of Medicine
- Ivie Odiase, CUNY School of Medicine
2022 Martin L. Stone, MD, Scientific Poster Session Award
Awarded to the Junior Fellow whose research presented during the Annual District Meeting Poster Session is selected as having most merit.
Winner: Amythis Soltani, MD, Westchester Medical Center
2023 Mentor Award
Awarded to Fellows who have mentored a Young Physician or Junior Fellow.
Ob-Gyn Reporter Program–2023 Annual Clinical & Scientific Meeting
Promotes connections between Junior Fellow residents from around the country. District II Junior Fellows who attend the 2022 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting as Ob-Gyn Reporters.
- Ellen Pham, MD, Flushing Hospital Medical Center
- Chaitali Korgaonkar-Cherala, MD, SUNY at Stony Brook
- Stacey Sassaman, MD, Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
- Sisira Srisutiva, MD, Rochester General Hospital
2023 Robert Cefalo Leadership Institute, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC
- Carla Eng, MD, FACOG
- Rachel Flink-Bochacki, MD, FACOG
- Emile Redwood, MD
2022 Saad Khalil Memorial Junior Fellow Quality Improvement Challenge
Awarded to the Junior Fellow who has best utilized quality improvement science to implement a QI project.
Winner: Celia Muoser, MD, MPH – JFP Montefiore Health System