Membership and Fellowship |
Join the District I Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
In keeping with ACOG's joint statement and collective action to address racism in reproductive health and to develop strategies for the elimination of inequities in health outcomes, ACOG District I would like to invite our members to help address these long neglected issues by establishing a committee to provide actionable recommendations.
The ACOG District I Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (DEI) will be co-chaired by Drs. Marcela del Carmen and Melissa Wong. We are actively seeking a diverse group including Fellows, Junior Fellows, black, indigenous, people of color, members from the LBGTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented groups to participate on this Committee. We are looking for two members from each of our Sections (the Atlantic Provinces, Chile, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Quebec, Rhode Island, and Vermont) with a specific interest and background in advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Inform and guide the ACOG District I Advisory Council (DAC) on all issues related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). All discussions and recommendations from the ACOG District I DEI Committee will be presented to the DAC by the Committee Co-Chairs.
- Review best practices to promote conscious anti-racism and combat discrimination in reproductive healthcare and disseminate this information to our members.
- Establish other projects as determined by the committee.
- Attend two to four virtual Committee Meetings annually (or more as needed), with a schedule to be determined by the Co-chairs.
Initially a two to three-year term to establish a staggered rotation of two-year terms going forward.
- You must be a current member of ACOG District I
- Email a copy of your CV and a letter of interest to the District I Office at [email protected] by August 1, 2022
ACOG District I remains committed to advancing efforts towards dismantling white supremacy, countering discrimination, and closing health care disparity gaps. Thank you for considering participating in this committee and contributing to its charge.