About the Webinar
Nurses play a critical role in successful implementation of immediate postpartum (IPP) long-acting reversible contraception (LARC). Presented by an IPP LARC clinical expert, this webinar will highlight and explain the role of nurses in providing IPP LARC. Participants will learn about research and clinical guidance on IPP LARC, potential barriers to IPP LARC provision, and recommendations for patient-centered contraceptive counseling.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of offering the full range of contraceptive methods postpartum, including LARC
- Describe the efficacy, safety, and advantages of IPP LARC
- Review immediate post-placental IUD insertion techniques
- Describe the importance of and identify resources for shared medical decision making during contraceptive counseling
- Explain operational barriers to IPP LARC provision
- Explain the role of nurses in IPP LARC provision and identify resources for support
You will be able to earn CME credits after viewing this webinar, completing the webinar and post-event CME evaluation. You will be directed to the link at the end of the presentation.
Free LARC Webinar
The LARC Program offers free webinars covering a wide range of topics related to the provision of Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC). Webinars are open to the public (ACOG membership not required), and live webinars are accredited for continuing education credit. All webinars are recorded and archived for future access on-demand.Access Now