About the Webinar
This webinar will discuss ACOG and Medical Eligibility Criteria recommendations for immediate postpartum (IPP) long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) and breastfeeding, as well as the most up-to-date research in the field on breastfeeding and postpartum contraception. This webinar will provide background information on all methods available for postpartum contraception and key strategies for patient-centered contraceptive counseling.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the unmet patient need for postpartum contraception
- Describe postpartum contraceptive methods currently available
- Describe ACOG and CDC recommendations for postpartum contraception, including IPP LARC
- Discuss current research available on IPP LARC and breastfeeding
- Understand key elements of using shared medical decision making during postpartum contraceptive counseling
You will be able to earn CME credits after viewing this webinar, completing the webinar and post-event CME evaluation. You will be directed to the link at the end of the presentation.
Free LARC Webinar
The LARC Program offers free webinars covering a wide range of topics related to the provision of Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC). Webinars are open to the public (ACOG membership not required), and live webinars are accredited for continuing education credit. All webinars are recorded and archived for future access on-demand.Access Now