About this Meeting
January 23 is Maternal Health Awareness Day and was established in ACOG District III to educate the citizens of the District about promising maternal health initiatives. Join the Pennsylvania section on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 7:15 a.m. ET, for a virtual meeting with guest speaker Priya, Gopalan, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Medical Director, Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison Service, and Chief of Psychiatry, Magee Women's Hospital.
In addition, there will be a panel discussion focusing on the following topics and issues:
- Perinatal Care & Mental Health
- Access to Care and Resources
- COVID-19 – Access to providers
- Access to Care for All
- Enough Providers Within a Diverse Population
- Other Legislative Initiatives
Experts from around Pennsylvania will speak on innovative programs to improve access to care.
- Secretary Teresa Miller, Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Dr. Dale Adair, MD, Medical Director, Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, PA DHS
- Dr. Mandy Fauble PhD, LCSW, Director of Clinical Care Services at UPMC Western Behavioral Health at Safe Harbor, Erie
- Saleemah McNeil, CLC, MS, MFT, Reproductive Psychotherapist & Founder/CEO, Oshun Family Center
- Dr. Nazanin Silver, MD, MPH, Gynecologic Psychiatrist, UPMC Pinnacle Women's Behavioral Health Specialists
Accreditation and Designation Statements
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (AACME) through the joint providership of the Pennsylvania Medical Society and Pennsylvania American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. The Pennsylvania Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Pennsylvania Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the educational activity.
Save the Date!