Strength in Numbers: 40 Years of Ob-Gyn Action
ACOG’s Annual Congressional Leadership Conference (CLC)—the President's Conference—provides obstetrician–gynecologists like you the opportunity to build and maintain lasting relationships with your Members of Congress, making you one of our most important assets on Capitol Hill.
This popular advocacy event includes:
- Overview of the legislative process and tips for successful lobbying
- A deep-dive into ACOG’s current legislative priorities
- Opportunities to meet virtually with your elected representatives
- Networking with your fellow ob-gyn advocates
- And–of course–the chance to have a positive impact on legislation affecting our specialty and your patients!
Log into MyACOG to check out conference materials, including our legislative one-pager.
Get ready to advocate by reading up on this year’s legislative "asks" before CLC!
Ask #1: Co-sponsor the Into the Light for Maternal Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders Act
- ACOG Committee Opinion #757: Screening for Perinatal Depression
- Commentary: Racial Disparities in Perinatal Mental Health Care During COVID-19
- Fatal and Nonfatal Overdose Among Pregnant and Postpartum Women in Massachusetts
- Analysis: Perinatal Mental Health Care in the United States: An Overview of Policies and Programs
- Preventing Pregnancy-Related Mental Health Deaths: Insights From 14 U.S. Maternal Mortality Review Committees, 2008–17
Ask #2: Invest In a Long-Term Solution to Avert Harmful Medicare Physician Payment Cuts
- Coalition Letter to the 117th Congress
- Article: Providers Dodged Major Medicare Payment Cuts But More Work To Be Done
Registration is now closed.