Due to the unpredictability of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s District XI Annual District Meeting, scheduled for October 22-24, 2021, will be virtual. The in-person meeting has been cancelled.
While we will miss the opportunity to gather together in person, the Scientific Program Committee and staff are working hard to take what has been learned from our many successful virtual programs over the last year to develop an excellent and engaging virtual program.
The virtual program will include several outstanding speakers who will engage attendees in interactive discussions on important topics, including minimally invasive gynecological procedures; placenta accreta spectrum epidemic; maternal sepsis; and many more. Special highlights include abstracts, a film festival, and a virtual exhibit hall.
Please be sure to mark your calendars for October 22–24, 2021, and register to attend.
Junior Fellow Fundraiser
Each year, District XI Junior Fellow officers select a charity of their choice whose mission aligns with improving the health and wellbeing of people in their communities. Members interested in contributing to the organization can complete this at the time of meeting registration.
Contributions made this year will benefit The PERIOD Mission, a youth-fueled nonprofit that strives to eradicate period poverty and stigma through service, education, and advocacy. Through the distribution of menstrual products, promotion of youth leadership, and championing of menstrual equity in policy, PERIOD aims to center those disproportionately affected by period poverty and support local efforts for menstrual equity.
Scientific Program Committee
- Patrick Ramsey, MD, MSPH, FACOG, District XI Secretary/Scientific Program Chair
- Eugene Toy, MD, FACOG, District XI Chair
- Charles Brown, MD, MBA, FACOG, District XI Chair Elect
- C. Tony Dunn, MD, FACOG, District XI Immediate Past Chair
- Gayle Olson Koutrouvelis, MD, FACOG, District XI Treasurer
- Sarah Page-Ramsey, MD, FACOG, District XI Junior Fellow Advisor
- John Thoppil, MD, FACOG, Texas Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists President
- Luke Newton, MD, FACOG, District XI CME Representative
- R. Todd Ivey, MD, FACOG, At Large Fellow Member
- Martin Hechanova, MD, MPH, FACOG, District XI Young Physician Committee Chair
- Arame Thiam-Diouf, MD, District XI Junior Fellow Chair
- Nichole Ogojiaku, MD, District XI Junior Fellow Vice Chair
- Jesse “Mimi” Rogers, MD, At Large Junior Fellow Member
- Brittany Ikwuagwu, District XI Medical Student Representative
Sherlena Boehm, District XI Manager
Rosecelle Romano, MTA, CMP, DES, Director, Meetings
Contact the District XI Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Abstracts, Films, and Stump the Professor Cases
The ACOG District XI Scientific Program Committee is no longer accepting submissions for abstracts, films, or Stump the Professor Cases for this year’s event. The call for these activities for the 2022 Annual District XI Meeting will be sent to members next spring.