About the Teaching Modules
A complimentary teaching guide for the ACOG publication, Professional Liability and Risk Management: An Essential Guide for Obstetrician-Gynecologists, Third Edition, is now available for downloading. The teaching guide consists of eight PowerPoint slide modules and scripts, each highlighting key content areas from the book. Each module is intended for 20-30 minute didactic presentation and discussion between program instructors and ob-gyn residents in training. In some instances, instructors may prefer to divide the contents of one module over two or more sessions, as the material easily lends itself to a more lengthy review.
Topics covered include:
- Module 1 - Basic Elements of Professional Liability
- Module 2 - ACOG Survey of Ob-Gyns
- Module 3 - Risk Management, Parts I and II
- Module 4 - Patient Communication
- Module 5 - Records and Documentation
- Module 6 - Professional Liability Insurance
- Module 7 - If You are Sued
- Module 8 - The Internet, Social Networks, and Technology
You must first download and save each module in order to view and print the scripts.
- To download and save each module, right click on each module and choose "Save Target As..." or select the link to download
- To view the scripts that accompany each slide, open the saved module, select "View" in the PowerPoint toolbar and select "Notes Page"
- To print the scripts, choose "File > Print..." from the toolbar and select "Notes pages" in the "Print What...." dropdown box
Professional Liability and Risk Management Program
Teaching Modules Available for Download
Development of this guide was a joint effort by ACOG's Committee on Professional Liability and ACOG's Department of Professional Liability and Risk Management.