Save up to 20% with discount code ACSM23. Exclusions apply
Endometriosis covers a broad range of topics, including historical perspectives, etiology and origins of endometriosis, classification, risk factors, signs and symptoms, treatment, and prevention. At the conclusion of the unit, the learner should be able to explain the biology of endometriosis and alterations in the immune system. The unit explores the rationale for medical versus surgical treatments and the benefits of prevention and theories on how endometriosis causes pain or infertility in women with the disease. The learner will be able to identify risk factors, signs, and symptoms of the disease in patients, and describe prevention and long-term management strategies.
Physicians can purchase the eModule, access it at the link below, and receive CME credit once they achieve 80% or higher on the posttest.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
College Cognate Credit(s)
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 7 Category 1 College Cognate Credit. The College has a reciprocity agreement with the AMA that allows AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM to be equivalent to College Cognate Credits.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Maryland Nurses Association, which is an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCCCA).
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
This project was supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under cooperative agreement number 6 NU38OT000287-02-02.
Conflict of interest disclosure for faculty, planning committee, reviewers, and staff:
- Anne Arnold, MSEd, MA – Owner, Red Thread Consulting, LLC
- David Chelmow, MD: Editor in Chief for Medscape Ob/Gyn Reference; ABOG Board of Directors
- Amy Davis, DO: Own stock in Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Andrea Forman, MS: Consultant: Invitae; Speaker: Astra Zeneca
- Rachel Gorham, NP: Consultant: Myriad Genetics
- Mallory Kremer, MD: Contributor to quarterly practical reviews Internal Medicine, Oakstone Publishing; Participant on March of Dimes grant
- Allison Kurian, MD: Research funding, Myriad Genetics
- Karen Smith, MD: Spouse: Stock in Abbvie and Abbott Labs; Research Funding: Pfizer; NCCN and NCI PDQ guideline panels; ASCO survivorship guidelines advisory group; Employed by Johns Hopkins; institution collaborates with Emocha mobile health on app
All other faculty, planning committee members, reviewers and staff have no conflict of interest to disclose relative to the content of the presentation.