Ryan Family Planning Curriculum
The Ryan Program is a national initiative based at the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at the University of California, San Francisco. The mission of the program is to formally create dedicated family planning rotations in departments of obstetrics and gynecology in the United States and Canada.
The Ryan Family Planning Curriculum is designed to serve as a curricular resource for family planning training for residents in obstetrics and gynecology. Each of the modules contain objectives, articles, videos and a quiz. The eight modules cover:
- I-Overview of Abortion Care
- II-1st Trimester Uterine Aspiration Abortion and 2nd trimester D&E
- III-Medication Abortion and Labor Induction Termination
- IV-Early Pregnancy Loss Management
- VI-Policy and Advocacy
- VII-An Introduction to Reproductive Justice
- VIII-Career Planning
The curriculum can be accessed on the Ryan Residency Training Program website.