CREOG Empower Award
CREOG provides quality educational programs to motivate Program Directors, Managers, faculty, and residents to become the next generation of leaders and innovators. To sustain relevance and support innovation, CREOG has established a fundraising vehicle called the CREOG Empower Fund (donations may be made at CREOG Empower Page).
For 2021, CREOG will be presenting five $2,000 education awards from this fund to applicants to create resources for ob-gyn physicians and resident education.
Types of Awards
Program Managers (available awards: 1)
Submission Topics Areas
- Resources for Ob-Gyn Program Managers
- Resources for APMOG
- Resources for the APMOG Website
Resident Education Submissions (available awards: 4)
Submission Topic Areas
- Resources for Implementation of the 11th Edition Educational Objectives
- Faculty Development based on the 11th Edition Educational Objectives
- Inter-professional Education Resources
- Surgical Skills Development
- Resources optimizing Use of Technology (EMRs)
- Other High Impact Resident Education Resources
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants must be an ACOG Member
- If awarded, applicant must attend the 2020 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting to receive the award in person (no exceptions)
- Applicant must be willing to share the resource on the CREOG Website
- Applicant must attend the 2021 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting to present
- Achievability in one year (include timeline and budget)
- Opening of submissions is July 1, 2020
- Deadline to submit on September 25, 2020 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Recipients notified of the outcome on December 2020/January 2021
- Awards presented at Award Luncheon at the 2021 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting
- Project Presentations at the 2022 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting
CREOG Empower Award Winners
*All projects will be presented at 2021 CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting
Zahabiya Huzefa Chithiwala, MD
Spanish Survival Guide for the Ob/Gyn Resident
Frances Casey, MD
Making an Impact in Human Trafficking-Resource for the On-Gyn
Erin Fee, DO
Strategies to Optimize Multimodal Electronic Communication and Reduce Email Fatigue in Ob-Gyn Residency
Alexandra Foxx, MD
Flipped Classroom & Video Library for Sexual Dysfunction for the Ob-Gyn Resident
COFTOG Fellowship Manager Resource Center
Mary Ellen Hobler
Scholarship for Program Managers to Attend CREOG & APGO Annual Meeting.
Leanne L. Free, MD
CREOG Rapid Review: High-Yield Flashcards for ACOG Practice Bulletin Topics.
Olga Mutter, MD
A National OB/GYN Education Curriculum.
Anousheh Shafa, MD
The Art of Manipulation: Preparing the Learner for Uterine Manipulation in Laparoscopic Hysterectomy.
Arti Ajmani Taggar, MD
Using Virtual Reality for Medical Education: The Steroid Pathway.
Sandolsam Cha, MD
SAIF (Screen, Asess, Intervene, Follow-up) Workshop; Improving Resident and Medical Student Competency in Addressing Intimate Partner Violence.
Etoi A. Garrison, MD, PhD
Training Residents to Identify and Manage Women with Opiate Dependence in Pregnancy Utilizing the Flipped Classroom Model and Online Videos.
Katherine Hicks-Courant, MD
Multidisciplinary Palliative Care Didactic & Workshop Curriculum for Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
Jordan Hylton, MD
Empowering the Newest Wave of OBGYNs: The Implementation of CREOG 11th Edition Educational Objectives to the Next Generation.
Patti Taylor, BGS, Laura Pliska, Mandy Pack, Ange Page-Rivers, Sherry Bastien
Program Manager Survival Guide
Sarp Aksel, MD, Nancy Ortiz Rivera
The Resident Advocate Development (RAD) Program: A Multifaceted Advocacy Training Curriculum for Obstetrics and Gynecology Residents.
Deepali Maheshwari, DO, MPH
Lydia Staples, MD
Development of Surgical Skills Online Video Database for Obstetrics and Gynecology Residents.
Jessica Walter, MD
Addressing Medical Device Safety: Knowledge and Opportunities for Physicians
Daphna Stroumsa, MD
Obstetrician-Gynecologists as Allies: A Curriculum for Affirming Care for Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Patients