Continuing Medical Education Mission Statement
The ACOG continuing medical education (CME) program supports the mission of the College to advance women’s health through lifelong education of its members.
- To facilitate improvement in women’s health care outcomes with a diverse, evidence-based, and comprehensive selection of educational opportunities as defined in Educational Objectives: Core Curriculum in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- To support lifelong learning through a CME program developed and directed to address clinical practice gaps and other learning needs identified nationally, locally, or individually.
- To provide a variety of educational activities such as
- Live courses
- Journal-based CME
- Enduring materials
- Performance-improvement CME
- To jointly provide educational activities consistent with the accreditation requirements and policies of the ACCME with ACOG Districts and Sections and with other organizations whose main purpose is the improvement of health care for women.
- The expected results of the CME program is that learners will gain and apply knowledge about important women’s health issues; use the tools and skills provided during the CME activity to make a meaningful, positive impact on the health of women; or make a commitment to change behavior or practice as a result of participating in the CME activity.
Committee on Continuing Medical Education
The Committee on Continuing Medical Education is responsible for ensuring compliance with standards for commercial support of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and requirements of other regulatory agencies.Go