Apply to be the ACOG District IV Medical Student Representative to the District IV Junior Fellow Advisory Council!
- Be a rising third-year medical student
- Have an active ACOG membership
- Remain in District IV for the entirety of the one-year term
Selection and Term
By the July 1st deadline, applicants should submit the following to the District IV Program Manager, Michelle Morse at email@example.com.
- Curriculum vitae
- One-page letter of intent outlining experience and goals
- Letter from an ob-gyn faculty member
The selected student will be notified by August 31st. He or she will serve a one-year term:
- Beginning at the upcoming District IV Annual District Meeting (typically September or October)
- Concluding just prior to the subsequent District IV Annual District Meeting
- Serve as a resource for District IV medical students with an interest in ACOG and/or a career in obstetrics and gynecology (i.e. those residing in District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Argentina, Puerto Rico, and the West Indies)
- Maintain a database of District IV ob–gyn and women’s health medical student interest groups (including contact information for acting student leaders and faculty advisors)
- Share relevant announcements and opportunities with these medical student interest groups and promote dissemination of information to their members
- With assistance from the Junior Fellows, plan and lead medical student activities and projects throughout the year and at District meetings
- Prepare a formal report for and attend the Annual and Interim District IV Junior Fellow Advisory Council Meetings at the District IV Annual District Meeting (typically September or October) and ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting (typically April or May); travel, room, and board will be covered for both of these mandatory meetings. Registration fee for the ADM will also be covered.