Apply to be the ACOG District IV Junior Fellow Legislative Chair!
- Be a Junior Fellow within the District
- Have an active ACOG membership
- Remain in District IV for the entirety of the one-year term
Selection and Term
The application deadline is July 31, 2021.
Applicants should submit the following to the District IV Program Manager, Lily Penney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curriculum vitae
- One-page letter of intent outlining experience and goals
The selected junior fellow will be notified by August 31. They will serve a one-year term beginning at the upcoming virtual District IV Annual District Meeting October 8-10, 2021.
- Coordinate district legislative activities pertinent to the practice of OB/GYN and Junior Fellows (e.g. health care reform, graduate medical education funding, expedited partner therapy, etc.)
- Prepare a biannual report of state legislative activities for the JF District Advisory Council
- Help establish, organize and/or attend their Section/State’s Legislative Day
- Act as a resource for Sections that may want to create a Legislative Day
- Act as a resource for Junior Fellows advocating for various issues (e.g. social media, service projects, letters to representatives)
- Participate in and lead the District Advocacy Workgroup
- Attend the Junior Fellow Advisory Council Meeting (Virtual Meeting, October 2021), State Legislative Roundtable (typically October), and Congressional Leadership Conference (Winter/Spring 2022). Travel and room & board will be covered for all mandatory meetings.