Consider applying to be ACOG's DC Section Young Physician Representative! A Young Physician (YP) is an ACOG Fellow in the first 8 years. This currently means anyone who became a FACOG in 2014 or more recently is eligible to apply.
The term of service begins immediately upon selection and ends in Fall 2024.
Role and requirements for our DC Section YP Officer include:
- Participate in all DIV YP Advisory Council meetings (approx. 3-4 per year virtually)
- Represent DC Section and support DIV Young Physician programming (e.g. Annual DIV & DC Section meetings, mentorship, member retention)
- Promote collaboration with Fellows, YPs, and Junior Fellows (JFs) within DC Section and District IV
- YP Officers are encouraged to participate in JF programming at the Section level
- For example, mentor JFs, both informally and formally, through the ACOG Mentorship Program
- Share ideas and perspectives of YP transition from training to practice
- Communicate National and District policies and information to DC Section YPs
- Participate on social media platforms, supporting Section & DIV content
- Opportunity to serve on Section, District, and National Committees as offered/needed to ensure representation of YPs
- Participate with DC Section Fellows and JF Officers
The DC Section YP role does not currently involve travel. Future travel may be funded by DIV.
Consider applying to be DC Section Young Physician Representative. We need YOUR YP input. Contact the DC Section Chair Sara Imershein, MD, MPH, at [email protected] with any questions.
To apply, submit your name, CV, and contact information (text/email or phone) to the District IV manager at [email protected] by April 3, 2022.
DC section leadership will contact you for an informal conversation about the role.