District IV AMA Resident Fellow Section Representative 2021-2023
Apply by August 29, 2021
The Resident and Fellow Section (RFS) provides various opportunities for its members to act as the liaison between resident physicians and the AMA. One of the best ways to participate and network is to attend RFS meetings and there are two key meetings each year, one in June (referred to as the Annual Meeting) and the second one in November (referred to as the Interim Meeting). This is where RFS members influence policy on key resident and fellow issues, hear from nationally recognized leaders and attend education sessions. Also, during these meetings, Resident and fellow members can also create resolutions for consideration by the RFS Assembly that may eventually become AMA policy.
RFS Delegates are expected to foster a positive and useful two-way relationship between physicians and AMA leadership, and must take into consideration a variety of perspectives (including those of patients, their sponsoring organizations, and their physician constituents) when considering business before the RFS section and AMA House of Delegates.
Position and Duties
- Advocate constituent views within the RFS Section, House of Delegates or other AMA governance unit.
- 2-year term as one of twelve AMA Resident Fellow Section (RFS) Representatives (one per district)
- Required attendance to the AMA Interim Meeting in November and the AMA Annual Meeting in June of each year
- Must submit written reports for both the Fellow and Junior Fellows District Advisory Councils following the AMA meetings
ACOG Candidate Criteria
- Active ACOG Junior Fellow member
- Active AMA member
- Must be in PGY-2 year of training at an allopathic ACGME-accredited resident program in the United States at the time of application
- If not PGY-2, must be a resident or fellow for the length of the term. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis and with the approval of the District IV JF and Fellow chair
- Must remain within District IV for the length of the term
- Available to attend both the AMA Interim Meeting and the AMA Annual Meeting
- Rotation of position will occur following AMA June meeting
Please send CV, letter of interest, and letter of recommendation to program manager Lily Penney at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on August 29.
Per the District IV Policies and Procedures, the District will fund the representative to attend both the AMA Interim Meeting in November and the AMA Annual Meeting in June. Travel, flight, lodging, and incidentals are reimbursable up to two nights for the AMA Interim Meeting in November and up to 3three nights for the AMA Annual Meeting in June. Registration is fully reimbursed.
The Interim AMA Meeting dates and locations are:
Nov 13, 2021 – Nov 16, 2021 – Orlando, FL
Nov 12, 2022 – Nov 15, 2022 – Honolulu, HI
The AMA Annual Meeting dates and locations are:
June 11, 2022 – June 15, 2022 – Chicago, IL
June 10, 2023 – June 14, 2023 – Chicago, IL