COVID-19 in District II
Find news and updates on efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 in New York State.
Thank You to Our District II Members on the Front Lines
ACOG SMI & NYSDOH Webinar: Managing COVID+ Pregnant Patients
Jul 13, 2020
Resident Testimonials from the Front Line: Learning from Our Young Physicians
Jun 22, 2020 | Online
Reopening Medical Practices Amid COVID-19
Jun 9, 2020 | Online
Advocating for Essential Gynecologic Surgeries in the Time of COVID-19
Jun 4, 2020
Emotional Well-Being during a Pandemic: A Guided Discussion and Best Practice Sharing of Well-Being Interventions in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Community
Guided Discussion on COVID-19 and Pregnancy
May 28, 2020
NYS OUD in Pregnancy & NAS Project Coaching Call Webinar: The Management of OUD for Pregnant and Postpartum People During the COVID-19 Pandemic
May 13, 2020
ACOG SMI & NYSDOH Webinar: Telehealth Considerations for Patients in All Trimesters of Pregnancy
May 7, 2020
Reprioritization of Elective Gynecologic Procedures in the Time of COVID-19 and Reopening Practices
May 5, 2020
ACOG SMI & NYSDOH Webinar: COVID-19 Testing of Pregnant Patients: Labor and Delivery Management and Considerations
Apr 20, 2020
Sample Letter to Patients on the COVID-19 Pandemic
District II has developed a letter our New York clinicians can use to address the concerns of pregnant patients.Go
COVID-19 State Resources
New York State COVID-19 Maternity Task Force Recommendations
NYS Medicaid Updates (March, April, May COVID-19 Special Editions)
Foundation for Opioid Response Efforts Webinar Series
Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company (MLMIC)
New York State Department of Financial Services Guidance
New York State Department of Health Guidance
Medicaid Eligibility for Pregnant Women and COVID-19
ACOG District II staff works closely with the Governor, legislative offices, and state agencies to ensure obstetrician-gynecologists have the resources they need to provide high quality care as they manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACOG District II has:
- Provided testimony on the effects of COVID-19 on minority communities
- Worked to elevate PPE and testing shortages across the state and advocated that resources be equitably distributed to labor and delivery units across the state.
- Highlighted the physician voice in the early days of the pandemic to elevate the need for liability protections for providers at the front line of this unprecedented health crisis.
- Worked with liability insurance carriers to find solutions for physicians facing financial strain due to changes in practice.
- Advocated for the continued recognition of reproductive health care as essential, including abortion services and gynecological surgeries to address acute complications.
- Represented the ob-gyn voice in the state's Maternity Taskforce to provide clinical expertise necessary to respond to this public health crisis.
Wellness in the Time of COVID-19
We know this is an incredibly stressful time for ob-gyns. ACOG is here to help.
Find resources to help you and your colleagues cope with the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.Go