COVID-19 in District II
Find news and updates on efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 in New York State.
Thank You to Our District II Members on the Front Lines
Resident Testimonials from the Front Line: Learning from Our Young Physicians
Emotional Well-Being during a Pandemic: A Guided Discussion and Best Practice Sharing of Well-Being Interventions in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Community
Understanding and Mitigating the Psychological Impact of the Pandemic
Previously Offered Webinars
Please contact email@example.com for access to previously offered webinars.Go
ACOG District II staff works closely with the Governor, legislative offices, and state agencies to ensure obstetrician-gynecologists have the resources they need to provide high quality care as they manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACOG District II has:
- Provided testimony on the effects of COVID-19 on minority communities
- Worked to elevate PPE and testing shortages across the state and advocated that resources be equitably distributed to labor and delivery units across the state.
- Highlighted the physician voice in the early days of the pandemic to elevate the need for liability protections for providers at the front line of this unprecedented health crisis.
- Worked with liability insurance carriers to find solutions for physicians facing financial strain due to changes in practice.
- Advocated for the continued recognition of reproductive health care as essential, including abortion services and gynecological surgeries to address acute complications.
- Represented the ob-gyn voice in the state's Maternity Taskforce to provide clinical expertise necessary to respond to this public health crisis.
Wellness in the Time of COVID-19
We know this is an incredibly stressful time for ob-gyns. ACOG is here to help.
Find resources to help you and your colleagues cope with the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.Go