Junior Fellow Legislative Chair
District I Junior Fellow Legislative Chair
Are you interested in becoming an advocate for ACOG and the women we serve? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity that may be just right for you! We currently accepting applications for the District I Junior Fellow Legislative Chair position.
- Must be a Junior Fellow Member of ACOG District I.
- Individual must have a history of service to ACOG at a Section or District level as an officer, or as a member of a Committee or Task Force.
- Individuals may hold a concurrent position within ACOG during their term.
- Applicant must plan to remain in District during the term.
- Two-years. This is in line with other ACOG Junior Fellow Section positions allowing for turnover of the position but with adequate time to achieve goals.
- The District I Junior Fellow Legislative Chair will rotate on/off immediately following the ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting (typically late April/early May).
Applicants must submit a CV and a brief one-page statement reviewing their experience to the District I Office (email@example.com).
Submission Deadline: December 15
- Follow District legislative activities pertinent to the practice of ob-gyn for Junior Fellows.
- Report updates to the District I Junior Fellow Advisory Council for both Interim and Annual Advisory Council meetings.
- Act as a resource for Section Vice-Chairs doubling as Section Legislative Advocacy Chairs and for other Junior Fellows in the District. This may include helping organize lobby days, services projects, or advocacy opportunities (such as social media, service projects, and letters to representatives).
- Attend the ACOG Section Officer Leadership Development (SOLD) Meeting in conjunction with the ACOG Congressional Leadership Conference (CLC), which annually occurs in early/mid-March.
- Attend the two District I Junior Fellow Advisory Council meetings (spring/fall) each year.
- District Junior Fellow Legislative Chairs are funded for hotel, travel, and meals as per ACOG guidelines for the following annual meetings:
- ACOG Section Officer Leadership Development (SOLD) Meeting
- ACOG Congressional Leadership Conference (immediately following SOLD Meeting)
- Interim District I Junior Fellow Advisory Council Meeting
- Annual District I Junior Fellow Advisory Council Meeting