John Gibbons Award
The Gibbons Award honors medical students with a passion and dedication to women’s health care and advocacy. It provides the student with financial compensation to assist with travel and accommodations during the Annual District Meeting. Visit your District page to find more information about requirements and the application process in your District.
- Learn More About the District II Award
- Learn More About the District IV Award
- Learn More About the District V Award
- Learn More About the District VII Award
- Learn More About the District IX Award
- Learn More About the Armed Forces District Award
2021 ACOG Medical Student Recruitment Award
Annually, ACOG’s department of Medical Student Affairs recognizes individuals who have demonstrated exemplary initiative and dedication to medical student recruitment activities through the ACOG Medical Student Recruitment Award. We are currently seeking nominations of exceptional individuals to be considered for 2021 award. Nominations should be active ACOG Fellows or Junior Fellows* (any level) in good standing. As part of the award, the award recipient will receive free registration to attend the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, April 30–May 2, 2021. *Medical Students are not eligible for this award.
To nominate an individual, please email the following elements to email@example.com by Monday, March 15, 2021:
- Individual’s Name
- Current Practice/Institution
- ACOG District and Section
- National/District/Section leadership role (if any)
- Description of the individual’s leadership in the area of medical student recruitment. Include a statement of why the individual is the most deserving to receive this award
Details of specific initiatives, activities, or other approaches the individual has developed or fostered to promote medical student interest in obstetrics and gynecology and ACOG are encouraged.
District XII Annual Medical Student Award
Each spring, District XII will contact the seven medical schools in Florida and ask that they select two medical students from their program who have shown outstanding achievement. These medical students will be presented with a District XII Medical Student Award certificate and a cash prize. Our hope is that these awards will stimulate interest in the field of obstetrics and gynecology and encourage young medical students continue on to earn their medical degree.