LGBTQIA and Gender Diverse Individuals
ACOG is committed to ensuring all individuals can access high quality, respectful, equitable medical care, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. ACOG supports efforts to affirm and uplift the civil, human, and reproductive rights of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual (LGBTQIA) and gender diverse communities and opposes laws and regulations that discriminate against or otherwise marginalize these communities.
- Coverage for all evidence-based treatments for transgender patients under public and private health insurance plans
- Unrestricted access to marriage and family building resources
- Nondiscrimination protections for sexual orientation and gender identity, including in health care employment, education, public accommodations, and state and federally funded programs
- Evidence-based resources, care, and information for individuals, including adolescents, accessing gender affirming care and transition therapy, free from political interference
- Ensuring individuals, including adolescents, can live openly and consistent with their gender identity and participate in school and community activities without discrimination
- Comprehensive sexuality education curricula that is inclusive of LGBTQIA and gender diverse individuals