State Legislative Roundtable
The State Legislative Roundtable is the linchpin of ACOG’s state advocacy programming. Held annually, this day-and-a-half, roundtable-style meeting convenes physician advocacy leaders and lobbyists from all 50 States and D.C.
Meeting attendees will:
- Share advocacy successes and challenges and workshop best practices and lessons learned
- Identify and strategize on priority issues impacting women’s health
- Explore ways to grow and sustain obstetrics and gynecology advocacy presence in the state capitols
- Evaluate and plan advocacy tactics including communicating with lawmakers, working with coalitions, mobilizing members, effectively engaging media, cultivating legislator champions
The interactive format—unique among medical specialty society meetings—fosters state-to-state and leader-to-mentee dialogue and facilitates evaluation and refinement of advocacy tools through:
- Regional conversations to coordinate successful approaches across state lines
- Strategic small-group breakouts on priority issues and capacity building
- Plenaries on emerging issues to enhance forward-thinking leadership
- Virtual networking opportunities for sustained collaborative relationships
- Guided legislative agenda-setting workshop to deliver results throughout the year
This meeting is invitation-only, open to ACOG Legislative Chairs and select National advocacy leaders. For more information, contact email@example.com.