Urge Your Senators to Support the Women’s Health Protection Act! Take Action Now
How to Talk About Abortion
Come to conversations prepared with ACOG’s evidence-based voice.
Resources to Convey ACOG’s Position on Abortion
- How to Talk About Abortion: Core Messages: This messaging matrix can help ob-gyn advocates and our partners have meaningful conversations about the importance of preserving the fundamental patient-physician relationship and protecting access to evidence-based abortion care.
- Talking points: convey ACOG’s position on abortion with an evidence-based voice.
- ACOG Guide to Language and Abortion: This guide is designed to help inform language choice that is medically appropriate, clinically accurate, and without bias.
- Issue-specific resources: Policy briefs, fact sheets, and templates on high-profile issues in the news and the media.
- Building Evidence-Based Skills for Effective Conversations about Abortion: Request ACOG’s workshop for health care professionals to develop skills for constructive discourse on abortion.
Addressing False Claims and Tough Questions
- Abortion FAQs: Common questions you might encounter about abortion, and how to address them.
- Abortion Can be Medically Necessary: ACOG’s statement addressing claims that abortion care is never needed to preserve a patient’s health or life.
- ACOG Denounces False Claims About Ob-Gyns: ACOG’s statement countering inflammatory language used to describe the delivery of abortion care.
- Facts are Important: Abortion is Health Care
- Facts are Important: Understanding Ectopic Pregnancy
Abortion is Essential
Outreach to Partners and Allies
Use ACOG’s core messages to connect in your community and engage partners, colleagues, the media, and more.Go