Apply to Become an ACOG National Officer for the May 2022–2023 Term
Now Accepting Applications
Now accepting applications until February 1, 2021
It’s that time of year. It’s the beginning of a new season of nominations and elections. From now until February 1, 2021, ACOG is accepting applications from members who would like to run to serve as national officers.
ACOG is dedicated to supporting members throughout your careers—and as a member-led organization, ACOG relies on members to help lead our organization forward. ACOG has a large and diverse membership, and we want to make sure that every member has a voice at the organization.
Help build ACOG for the present and future. Apply today or encourage someone you know to apply. Here’s how:
About Nominations for National Office
The national offices to be filled for the May 2022–23 term are President Elect, Treasurer, Assistant Secretary, Fellow-at-Large, and Young Physician-at-Large. The President Elect will become the President for the May 2023–24 term and immediate past president the following year from May 2024 to May 2025. All ACOG officers are expected to uphold the organization’s policies and procedures.
Prior to submitting your nomination, please review the position descriptions carefully, especially the details pertaining to responsibilities, time commitment, term of office, and qualifications. Also please review the official nominations letter.
To become a candidate for one of these offices, you must provide the following items in PDF format to Leslie Smith, administrator of executive board affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 1, 2021:
- Letter from you including the office(s) for which you would like to be a candidate. Include your motivation and reasons for seeking office. Candidates may seek no more than two offices. (If you are interested in more than one office, please indicate your preference in priority order.)
- Summary statement. Please keep to one page single-sided.
- Complete curriculum vitae
- Signed Candidate Agreement
- Headshot photo
Once your complete application has been received, your name, office(s) for which you are running, summary CV, and photo will be listed on the ACOG website.
Timeline for Nominations & Elections Process
- December – February 1, 2021: Application period for candidates
- February – March 2021: Candidates announced, and members can offer feedback
- April 2021: Virtual annual meeting including National Officer Candidates Forum
- Every candidate must attend and present at the Candidates Forum. Any interested ACOG Fellow is welcome to attend the National Officer Candidates Forum. Forum presentations will be recorded.
- May 2021: Candidate considerations including continued member feedback on candidates
- June 2021: Slate of nominees is confirmed at Nominations Committee meeting
- July 2021: ACOG Board of Directors receives and accepts the final slate of nominees
- March – April 2022: Voting on slate of nominees
- April/May 2022: Approved slate is announced
Please contact Leslie Smith at email@example.com with any questions.