Junior Fellow Elections
Junior Fellow District and Section Officers are an integral part of ACOG leadership. We encourage members to participate in their District and Section elections.
2022-2023 Elections Call for Nominations
All Districts are seeking interested, qualified Junior Fellows for District Vice Chair and District Secretary-Treasurer office for the 2022-2023 term.Learn How to Apply
Junior Fellow District Officers
Position Description and Duties
- Seek a close working relationship with the District Fellow officers. Junior Fellow Chair must communicate with the Fellow Chair and Fellow Treasurer regarding Junior Fellow activities, including budget provisions and provisions for meeting attendance
- Help the Junior Fellow District Vice Chair prepare for his/her Chair year by sending him/her copies of all your correspondence
- Identify concerns and problems of Junior Fellows in your District and communicate this to the Junior Fellow College Advisory Council in your District reports
- Establish contact with your Junior Fellow Section Chairs and Vice Chairs. Coordinate district activities for recruitment of non-members and Junior Fellow meetings
- Attend JFCAC Interim Meeting, the ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, and the JFCAC Annual Meeting
- Work with the Fellow District Chair to coordinate Junior Fellow activities at the Fall District Meeting
- Observe and assist the Junior Fellow District Chair and become familiar with the duties of the office of District Chair. The Junior Fellow District Vice Chair serves for a term of one year, and at the time of the Fall Annual District Meeting, the Vice Chair automatically becomes Junior Fellow District Chair
- Assist and cooperate with the Junior Fellow District Chair regarding district activities, meeting planning, and recruitment
- Identify items of concern and problems of Junior Fellows in your district and communicate this to your Junior Fellow District Chair
Junior Fellow Section Officers
Position Description and Duties
Each Section Chair and Vice Chair shall keep informed as to the purposes and policies of ACOG and as to the activities in the section. These officers shall act to promote association and cooperation among the Fellows and Junior Fellows in the section. These officers shall assist and initiate activities in the section in furtherance of the aims and purposes of ACOG.
- To communicate with your Junior Fellow District Chair, the Fellow Section Chair, and the Junior Fellow Section Vice Chair regarding all Junior Fellow Section activities, including budget provisions and meeting attendance
- To identify issues in the section that should be brought to the attention of the Junior Fellow District Chair and the JFCAC
- To hold annual elections for Section Vice Chair (Chair-Elect) and to communicate with and assist by sending copies of all correspondence. to the Department of Junior Fellow Services
- To organize at least one Junior Fellow section activity annually
Meeting Attendance: The Section Chair and Vice Chair will serve as members of the Junior Fellow District Advisory Council and should attend interim and annual Junior Fellow District Advisory Council meetings, the Annual District Meeting (ADM), Fellow meetings, if invited, and section meetings.
Reports: The Junior Fellow Section Chair must submit a written report detailing the section activities to the Junior Fellow District Chair for the interim and annual JFDAC meetings.