ACOG Coding Workshop, Chicago, IL
May 1 — 3, 2014
Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
This course is SOLD OUT!
ACOG's Committee on Coding and Nomenclature and ACOG's Executive Board believe physicians must educate themselves and their staff about appropriate coding and billing practices. This coding workshop consists of up to four modules. This format enables physicians to choose the topic or topics of interest to them.
The modules are: I- E/M Services and Medicare's Documentation Guidelines; II- Gynecologic Surgical Coding; and III-Obstetric Coding, IV- ICD-10 (Hands-on) Diagnosis Coding Practicum. Please note: Module IV will not available at all workshop locations.
Through question and answer sessions, discussions and case studies, physicians learn how correct coding can positively affect their practice. This workshop is designed for physicians. However, if accompanied by a physician, up to five office coding staff may also attend. After the physician has attended, his/her staff may attend alone for up to two years after the date the physician attended. Contact the Registrar for more information.
SPECIAL NOTE: All registered Workshop attendees will receive a free hard copy of the current version of the ICD-10 code set book. This book is rather substantial and will be available at on-site registration. It must be picked up. Copies will not be shipped.
ACOG Fellow-$1,200 (all 4 modules), $980 (3 modules), $755 (2 modules), $525 (1 module)
Jr. Fellow/Educational Affiliate-$1,170 (all 4 modules), $955 (3 modules), $735 (2 modules), $510 (1 module)
Non-Member physician-$1,320 (all 4 modules), $1,080 (3 modules), $830 (2 modules), $580 (1 module)
First staff member accompanying a physician-$985 (all 4 modules), $900 (3 modules), $695 (2 modules), $485 (1 module)
Additional staff member(s) accompanying a physician-$900 (all 4 modules), $815 (3 modules), $645 (2 modules), $445 (1 module)
Enrollment is limited to 120 participants. Space in a workshop is not reserved until payment is received. We recommend that you verify your registration status with the ACOG registrar (800) 673-8444 prior to making travel or hotel arrangements, though on-site course registration is usually available.
- Cancellations must be in writing and received by the ACOG Registrar two weeks prior to the workshop date. No refunds will be made after that time. Registration fees will be refunded minus an administrative fee of $100.00 per participant.
- Registrants may transfer one time from one workshop to another one being held in 2014 without an additional fee. Additional requests to transfer from one workshop to another within the same year will be assessed a fee of $100.00 per participant. Transfers from a 2014 workshop into a 2015 workshop are not permitted. Registrants who plan to transfer to a different workshop within the same year but who fail to do so will be subject to the administrative fee of $100.00 on their refund.
To register via fax or mail click here to view and print out the registration information. Telephone registrations are not accepted.
Module I-Thursday, May 1, 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM
E/M Services and Medicare Documentation Guidelines
Module II-Friday, May 2, 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM
Gynecologic Surgical Coding
Module III-Saturday, May 3, 8:00 AM – 12:45 PM
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical
education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and ACOG Cognate Credit(s)
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists designates this educational activity
for a maximum of 22 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or up to a maximum of 22 Category 1 College Cognate Credits. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent
of their participation in the activity.
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
This program has prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders for 7.0
Continuing Educational Units each for Modules I and II and 4.0 Continuing Educational Units for
Modules III and IV. Granting of this approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the
program, content or the program sponsor.
Donna Tyler, CPC, COBGC
Manager, Coding Education
ACOG Dept. of Health Economics/Coding
Emily Hill, PA, President of Hill and Associates
Brad Hart, MBA, MS, CMPE, CPC, COBGC
- Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile - 540 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
- Rate: Single/Double: $219
- Telephone: 877-303-0104
- Website: Online Registration
- For hotel reservations, call the individual hotel and identify yourself as an ACOG Coding Workshop participant. A limited number of rooms, at the rate listed, has been reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Please book reservations by April 9. Rooms will not be available at the reduced rate after that date.