ACOG Coding Workshop, Philadelphia, PA
July 12 — 14, 2013
The Ritz Carlton Philadelphia
ACOG's Committee on Coding and Nomenclature and ACOG's Executive Board believe physicians must educate themselves and their staff about appropriate coding and billing practices. This coding workshop consists of three modules. This format enables physicians to choose the topic or topics of interest to them.
The modules are: I- E/M Services and Medicare's Documentation Guidelines; II- Gynecologic Surgical Coding; and III-Obstetric Coding. Through question and answer sessions, discussions and case studies, physicians learn how correct coding can positively affect their practice. This workshop is designed for physicians. However, if accompanied by a physician, up to three office coding staff may also attend. After the physician has attended, his/her staff may attend alone for up to two years after the date the physician attended. Contact the Registrar for more information.
ACOG Fellow-$845 (all 3 modules), $620 (2 modules), $390 (1 module)
Jr. Fellow/Educational Affiliate-$805 (all three modules), $585 (2 modules), $380 (1 module) Non-Member physician-$875 (all 3 modules), $655 (2 modules), $400 (1 module)
First staff member accompanying a physician-$735 (all 3 modules), $570 (2 modules), $360 (1 module)
Additional staff member(s) accompanying a physician-$645 (all 3 modules), $520 (2 modules), $335 (1 module)
Enrollment is limited to 120 participants. Space in a workshop is not reserved until payment is received. We recommend that you verify your registration status with the ACOG registrar (202) 863-2540 prior to making travel or hotel arrangements, though on-site course registration is usually available.
- Cancellations must be in writing and received by the ACOG Registrar two weeks prior to the workshop date. No refunds will be made after that time. Registration fees will be refunded minus an administrative fee of $50.00 per participant.
- Registrants may transfer from one workshop to another one being held in 2013 without an additional fee. Transfers from a 2013 workshop into a 2014 workshop are not permitted. Registrants who plan to transfer to a different workshop within the same year but who fail to do so, will be subject to the administrative fee on any refund.
To register via fax or mail click here to view and print out the registration information. Telephone registrations are not accepted.
Module I-Friday, July 12, 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM
E/M Services and Medicare Documentation Guidelines
Module II-Saturday, July 13, 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM
Gynecologic Surgical Coding
Module III-Sunday, July 14, 8:00 AM – 12:45 PM
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists designates this live activity for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
College Cognate Credit(s)
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists designates this live activity for a maximum of 18 Category 1 College Cognate Credits. The College has a reciprocity agreement with the AMA that allows AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to be equivalent to College Cognate Credits.
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
This program has prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders for 7.0 Continuing Education Units each for Modules I and II and 4.0 Continuing Educational Units for Module III. Granting of this approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program, content, or the program sponsor.
Donna Tyler, CPC, COBGC
Manager, Coding Education
ACOG Dept. of Health Economics/Coding & Nomenclature
Emily Hill, PA, President of Hill and Associates
Brad Hart, MBA, MS, CMPE, CPC, COBGC
- The Ritz Carlton Philadelphia - Ten Avenue of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Rate: Single/Double: $179
- Telephone: 215-523-8000
- For hotel reservations, call the hotel listed and identify yourself as an ACOG Coding Workshop participant. A small block of rooms at the rate listed above, has been reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Please book reservations by June 18. Room block will not be available at the reduced rate after that time.