Saturday, October 18, 2014
10:15 am – 1:30 pm
Grand Hyatt New York at Grand Central Station
Poster Display Instructions
Check-in at the ACOG Registration Desk begins at 9:00am on Saturday, October 18, in the foyer of Ballroom III, Grand Hyatt New York. Participants must set up their posters between 9:00am and 10:15 am in the poster presentation area. All posters must be in place by 10:15am. Breakdown of posters cannot take place until 3:00pm.
ACOG District II will provide all participants with a 48" wide x 36" high display board and a display table. You must bring your own mounting materials such as thumbtacks or push pins to attach your poster to the poster board.
You will be given a "poster number" when you register. Attach the number to the upper right-hand corner of your poster board. The Junior Fellow Task Force on Awards will judge the poster by referring to this number.
Label the top of your poster with the research title and authors. It is suggested that the font for this section should not be less than 1" high. A copy of the abstract, typed in a large font, should be attached to the upper left-hand corner of the poster board.
- When creating your poster, bear in mind that it may be read by interested parties from distances of 3 feet or more.
- Keep illustrative materials simple. Charts, drawings, and graphics should be similar to those you would use in making slides.
- Simple use of color can add emphasis effectively.
- All lettering should be in a large font, at least 3/8" high.
- Bring your own mounting items such as thumbtacks or push pins to attach your poster to the supplied poster board.
Posters will be judged by the Junior Fellow Task Force on Awards with the winner receiving a $1,000 cash prize generously donated by the Dr. Martin L. Stone Charitable Foundation, Inc..