The two national winning papers will be presented, by their authors at the ACOG Annual Clinical Meeting (ACM) May 4 - 8, 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The authors of the winning papers should be encouraged to submit their papers to the editor of Obstetrics and Gynecology for possible publication.
The two award recipients will each receive a $1,000 stipend, up to $750 for travel expenses to the ACM and a special certificate that will be presented at the ACM.
- To be eligible for the national prize paper award, the principal author must be a Junior Fellow of ACOG at the time of paper presentation at the District II Annual Meeting, October 19 - 21, 2012.
- The paper submitted to the national office for the Donald F. Richardson Memorial Prize Paper Award must have been presented at the October 19 - 21, 2012 District II Annual Meeting.
- After the District Meeting, the winning paper must be submitted, both in hard copy and electronic format, to the ACOG National Office, Department of Junior Fellow Services, before Friday, November 30, 2012.
- If selected, the principal author is requested to present the paper at the Annual Clinical Meeting.
- The paper must not have been published prior to presentation at the Annual Clinical Meeting, May 4 - 8, 2013.
- The paper's format should conform to the information for authors from the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology. However, only the front sheet should designate the name(s) of the author(s), the date and the District meeting at which the paper was presented. The remaining pages should contain the title of the paper but not the name(s) of the author.
All papers submitted to the national office for the Donald F. Richardson Memorial Prize Paper Award must be submitted to ACOG by the District Chair or his/her designee.