VRQC Program Overview
WHAT IS VRQC?
For more than 30 years, the Voluntary Review of Quality of Care (VRQC) program has assisted facilities across the country with meaningful analysis and recommendations.
VRQC offers confidential, unbiased, customized site visits led by a team of ACOG Fellows who provide a comprehensive assessment of your facility’s ob-gyn department.
Frequently addressed issues include:
- Poor management of induction of labor
- Poor physician practice patterns
- Poor interpretation of fetal heart tracing
- Poor management decisions for cesarean birth
- Hysterectomy performed despite incomplete workup
- Inappropriate medication use (eg, oxytocin)
- Lack of adherence to guidelines
Systems, Leadership and Communication
- Lack of department leadership and/or structure
- Inadequate nurse staffing
- Increase or decrease in size or services provided
- Lack of effective quality assessment process
- Lack of effective peer review
- Policies and procedures are not current
- Poor documentation of clinical reasoning
Access and print out our VRQC brochure containing additional details.