State Legislative Advocacy Awards
ACOG Awards for State Legislative Advocacy
The Committee on Government Relations is pleased to present the ACOG State Legislative Advocacy Awards. Our goal with this new award program is to support and stimulate state level advocacy, a central mission of the College and the new Congress.
These awards will be conferred on a yearly basis and reward legislative activities which occur during the preceding legislative session. In order to recognize both accomplished as well as developing ACOG States, two categories of awards have been established. Recipient States will receive a $1,000 cash award and will be featured on a plaque at the ACOG national office in Washington, D.C.
New! Click here to download and save the application to apply for 2013 State Legislative Advocacy Awards.
***Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to download the application.
The ACOG Accomplishment in State Legislative Advocacy Award:
This award is designed to recognize States who have a successful legislative program currently in place. The Accomplishment Award will be given to the ‘skilled’ ACOG State who has demonstrated an impressive legislative accomplishment during the current legislative session.
The ACOG Improvement in State Legislative Advocacy Award:
This award is designed to recognize States who have demonstrated measurable improvement in their legislative program. The Improvement Award will be given to the ‘developing’ ACOG State who has demonstrated impressive growth in legislative advocacy during the current legislative session.
Award Submission Guidelines
- The Committee on Government Relations will accept nominations forwarded from the ACOG State or District Legislative Chair.
- Nominations must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Nominations must contain the proper documentation (see State Legislative Advocacy Award Application), indicate which of the two awards you wish to be considered for, and relate to activities during the current legislative session.
- The 2013 deadline to submit your nomination is November 30, 2013.
*** Award submission reciept will be acknowleged through email. If you do not receive an email indicating reciept of your materials, please re-send, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Recipient States will receive a $1,000 cash award and will be featured on a plaque at the ACOG national office in Washington, D.C.
- Awards will be conferred by the Committee on Government Relations at the annual Congressional Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C.
2012 Award Winners
Montana (Honorable Mention)
Hawaii (Honorable Mention)
2011 Award Winners
2010 Award Winners
2009 Award Winners
Colorado (Honorable Mention)
New Jersey (Honorable Mention)