The 2014-2015 American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Research Fellowships Program
The College’s Research Fellowships Program provides our members with the opportunity to expand on their knowledge in therapeutic areas within the scope of women’s healthcare. We are proud to fund innovative research by exemplary young physicians who are committed to progressing women’s health.
The application window is now open. Available research fellowships are posted below. Please check back frequently as we will be posting new opportunities.
- The deadline for applications is Thursday, February 6, 2014.
- All applicants must be Junior Fellows or Fellows of the College at the time of application.
- Grants are made for one calendar year – from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015. A 6-month progress report will be due in January 2015. No more than one (1), no-cost extension may be granted.
- Grants are not intended to supplement physician stipends; all funds are to be directed to research costs. No amount of funding may be used for travel costs, and no additional overhead will be paid.
- A final written report, as well as final expenditure reconciliation is required by September 1 after the grant concludes.
- Any paper developed as a result of this award shall first be submitted to Obstetrics & Gynecology for consideration for publication. In addition, recognition shall be given to the award’s support of this research.
- Each application must include the following:
- Application cover sheet, which can be found here
- Research Proposal (max. 8 pages)
- One-page budget
- Letter of support from the applicant’s program director, departmental chair, or laboratory director
Email submissions as PDFs to email@example.com
For assistance, please contact Kathleen Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available grants for the 2014-2015 Research Fellowships Program:
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists/ DUCHESNAY USA Research Fellowship in Quality Improvement in Maternity Care
Grant amount: $20,000
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists research fellowship in the area of Quality Improvement in Maternity Care. The purpose of this research fellowship is to provide Junior Fellows or Fellows of the College with the opportunity to advance knowledge on issues related to Quality Improvement in Maternity Care, and to develop programs specifically designed to improve maternal and infant health outcomes, by linking evidence based knowledge and clinical practice.
Warren H. Pearse/Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Women’s Health Policy Research Fellowship
Grant amount: $10,000
This research fellowship will provide $10,000 to support research which explores an aspect of health care policy that assists, defines, or restricts the ability of a physician to deliver health care to women in the general population, or in a specific area.