A board certified ob-gyn whose professional activity is devoted to the practice of obstetrics and/or gynecology.
- Certification and maintenance of certification in obstetrics-gynecology by one of the following boards:
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Parts I and II
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or College des medecins du Quebec
- Consejo Mexicana de Ginecologia & Obstetricia
- The Univ of the West Indies Postgraduate Doctorate of Medicine
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZOG)
- Federacion Centroamericana de Sociedades de Obstetricia y Ginecologia (FECASOG)
- Japanese Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (JBOG)
- Sociedad Chilena de Obstetricia y Ginecologia
- An active, unrestricted license to practice medicine and surgery in each jurisdiction where the individual is licensed or country of residence where the individual is licensed.
- Attainment of high ethical and professional standing.
ACOG is not affiliated with the American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecology (ABOG). Board certification qualifies Junior Fellow members for Fellow status but transfer to Fellow is only granted after a completed Fellow application has been received, processed and approved by the Executive Board. Please allow up to four (4) months to process. After approval has been granted, new Fellows are admitted and notified by mail on a monthly basis.
Recently board certified Junior Fellow members must complete and submit an application for Fellow status within one year of passing Part II of the oral boards to retain membership with ACOG.
To apply online, please click here. For a Fellow application in Spanish, please click here.
Fellow application requests can be emailed to email@example.com. Please allow up to two (2) weeks to receive your application by mail.