ACOG Website - www.acog.org
The ACOG Website provides a special Junior Fellow page, as well as links to awards and grants, publications and educational materials, upcoming meetings, practice opportunities, and important exam deadlines.
ACOG Resource Center
All ACOG members receive ACOG Resource Center privileges, which include bibliographic searches of medical literature, publication queries for additional material, and assorted topics in women's health care.
"Obstetrics & Gynecology"
Also known as the "Green Journal," Obstetrics & Gynecology is ACOG's official medical journal of record.
ACOG Clinical Review
This bi-monthly newsletter offers synopses of the latest developments in obstetrics, gynecology, oncology and infertility. The newsletter also provides a yearly review of the annual Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology certification examination.
This monthly publication features timely information on programs and the most current issues in the specialty. A full page is devoted to the special interests of Junior Fellows.
Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
This low-interest loan program assists residents and Junior Fellows in subspecialty fellowships. Repayment of principal and interest in monthly installments begins one year after residency completion or fellowship training. The maximum loan amount is $10,000 at 4.5% per annum.
Low-cost Insurance Plans
These group insurance plans cover a wide variety of needs including life, accidental death and dismemberment, practice overhead, major hospital, excess major medical, catastrophic medical expense, hospital money, disability income and employee disability. In their fourth year of residency, ACOG members receive a $100,000 life insurance policy at no additional cost to the member.
The College also provides all members with Identify Theft Fraud Expense Coverage.
ACOG Career Connection, A Member of HEALTHeCAREERS Network
Updated regularly on the Internet via the ACOG Website, this physician network database provides job opportunities that are targeted specifically to obstetrics and gynecology.
Many publications are available to members through ACOG including Guidelines for Seeking Practice Opportunities in Obstetrics and Gynecology, which lists information on contracts and interviewing strategies; Business of Medicine Primer; Guidelines for Resident Support During a Lawsuit; Committee Opinions; Educational and Technical Bulletins; Practice Bulletins; Policy Statements; and Technology Assessments. A new publication, Clinical Updates in Women's Health Care, is a series designed for practicing obstetrician-gynecologists who provide primary health care. Topics include screening, evaluation, diagnosis, counseling and management. Self-assessment questions are included and CME credits are awarded.
Benefits of Membership in ACOG
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, the "Green Journal"
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC), Fellows receive MOC IV at no cost ($390 fee to non-members)
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Resources
- Practice Bulletins (Green Journal and online)
- Committee Opinions (Green Journal and online)
- Guidelines for Perinatal Care (online ebook)
- Guidelines for Women's Health Care (online ebook)
- Government Affairs Activities such as: Advancing and Protecting Women’s Health in Washington DC and in the States; Informing Fellows through Weekly ACOG News and President’s Messages; Strengthening Fellows’ Advocacy in the US Congress and Statehouses; Helping Elect State and Federal Lawmakers and Training a New Generation of Women’s Health Advocates
- Program for Continuing Professional Development (Cognate Program - CME tracking and online transcripts)
- ACOG Today (Newsletter)
- Compendium of Selected Publications (Online)
- Practice Management and Coding E-Newsletters
- College Clinical Review (online)
- Patient Education materials
- Resource Center (Literature Searches for current bibliographic information on topics of interest)
- Member E-Source (Monthly Email)
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) for Junior Fellows in Training
- Build Your ACOG Practice Page
- Access to the "member" side of ACOG's Website
- ACOG Career Connection and many Junior Fellow benefits
- Pearl Insurance Plan – Low-Cost Insurance and Disability Plans for members
- Identity Theft Fraud Expense Coverage
- Member Directory and Pause Magazine (Online)
- Bank of America® Credit Card Services
Offered at a discount to members
- Patient Education Pamphlets (English and Spanish)
- Audio-Visual Programs
- Professional Liability Resources
- Annual Clinical Meeting (ACM) Registration
- ACOG Postgraduate Courses and Annual District Meetings
- Clinical Updates in Women's Health Care
- Coding Workshops and Resources
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists