Opportunities for Junior Fellow involvement
Laura T. Mercer, MD, District VIII Junior Fellow chair
If you are interested in becoming more active in ACOG, consider applying to be a district or section officer. District VIII is looking for a Junior Fellow vice chair (three-year term) and Junior Fellow secretary (one-year term). To apply for vice chair, you must have at least one year of ACOG leadership and/or service experience. Learn more about officer responsibilities and the application process. The deadline to apply is June 1. Please also feel free to email me with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each District VIII section represents one state or province, except for our Central America Section, which encompasses the whole region. Each section is looking for a Junior Fellow vice chair (two-year term) and Junior Fellow legislative chair (one-year term). Some sections are also looking for a Junior Fellow chair or Junior Fellow secretary (one-year terms). Talk to your current section Junior Fellow chair or email me for more details.
Good with a pen? Interested in being published in the Green Journal?
ACOG is now accepting submissions for this year’s Junior Fellow Essay Contest. The theme is “Life of a Junior Fellow in the 21st Century.” The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate to the ACOG Bookstore, and their essay will be published in an upcoming issue of the Green Journal. Essays must be submitted by June 1.
Apply to be on an ACOG Committee
Have you ever wondered who writes the ACOG Practice Bulletins and Committee Opinions? ACOG Committees do! The application process will start in June with a deadline of August 1. Be on the lookout for more details on the ACOG website soon. In the meantime, check out the list of ACOG Committees.
Connect with ACOG on social media
- Like ACOG Facebook pages (ACOG national, District VIII, and ACOG medical students)
- Follow ACOG on Twitter (@acognews)
- Use hashtags to get trending. Here are some examples:
- #PauseBeforeYouPost (increase awareness of professionalism in social media, and check out the ACOG video on the subject)
- #BestSpecialtyEver (for all things ob-gyn related, but especially medical student events and activities
- #ObGynBootCamp (for medical student trainings and intern orientations)