Haywood L. Brown, MD
I hope you are all enjoying your summer. Ideally, you’ve had time to relax a bit and catch up on your summer reading and perhaps ACOG correspondence, too. I’d like to call your attention to the Annual District Meeting, which is being held October 11–13 in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico, with Districts I (New England, Quebec, the Atlantic Provinces, and Chile) and III (Delaware, Dominican Republic, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania). The meeting will be an excellent opportunity for education, entertainment, and enjoying a summery climate in the fall. Register today!
The meeting’s scientific program chair is our own Roger B. Newman, MD, of Mount Pleasant, SC. Dr. Newman has expended a great deal of time and care in assembling an expert faculty panel for the meeting.
Program highlights include:
- “The Evolution of the Ob-Gyn Maintenance of Certification Examination”
- “Gynecologic Ultrasound: An Evidence-Based Review”
- “Antibiotic Resistance in Ob-Gyn”
- “Civility: Enhancing the Culture for Safety and Learning”
- “Reproductive Effects of Environmental Contamination: The Importance of Sentinel Species”
- “Indications for Upfront Cytoreductive Surgery vs. Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in the Management of Ovarian Cancer”
- “Controversies on Robotic-Assisted Surgery”
For those interested, the ADM program will be preceded by a postgraduate course on controversies in well-woman care in ob-gyn on October 10. Course presenters are Deborah A. Driscoll, MD, University of Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia; William D. Schlaff, MD, Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia; and Ashlyn H. Savage, MD, Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. View the preliminary program for more information.
Rio Grande offers lush tropical beauty, unspoiled natural wonders, and an endless choice of recreational activities for the whole family. The meeting’s hotel—Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa—is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the El Yunque Caribbean National Forest. There is no passport requirement for US citizens to travel to the meeting location.
The ADM will have something for everyone! Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity for learning, sun, and fun.