The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Continuing Medical Education Mission Statement
The ACOG Continuing Medical Education program supports the mission of the College to advance women’s health through life-long education of its members.
1) To facilitate improvement in women’s health care outcomes in a diverse, evidence-based, comprehensive selection of clinical skills-based educational opportunities to enhance the continuing professional development of Fellows, Junior Fellows, and other health care providers in all aspects of women’s health care, as defined in “Educational Objectives: Core Curriculum in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
2) To provide life-long learning through continuing medical education, the program will rely on national level identification of clinical best practice gap activities in conjunction with personal evaluations by the learners.
3) To provide a variety of educational activities for which members can receive CME credits, including such sources as:
a) PROLOG – a self-assessment series for practitioners
b) The Annual Clinical Meeting
c) Postgraduate courses
d) Multimedia programs including interactive educational activities
e) Annual District Meetings
f) Enduring materials
g) Maintenance of Certification articles
4) To jointly sponsor educational activities consistent with the ACCME Essential Areas and Elements, with ACOG Districts and Sections and with other organizations whose main purpose is the improvement of health care for women.
5) To assess the results of each CME activity and success of the overall CME Program. Also, use the results in the continuing profesional development of future programs.
Approved June 2012