ACOG'S ICD-10 Training
ACOG is offering multiple ICD-10 training opportunities. In addition to Coding Webcasts and Workshops, we will provide articles on ICD-10 coding and links to helpful sites from the ICD-10 page here on the ACOG website. We will post all ICD-10 training schedules, activities, and updates here on the ICD-10 page as we roll out this training.
All ACOG Coding webcasts will include ICD-10 information and examples.
Free On Demand Webcasts
Currently there are six free ICD-10 webcasts in our archives that may be viewed as pay-per-view events.
- ICD-9 to ICD-10: What to Expect provides details on the primary distinctions between ICD-9 and ICD-10 with examples offered for OB/Gyn practices. The basic principles of ICD coding are addressed and their applicability to ICD-10 is explored.
- ICD-10 Documentation Guidelines discusses the clinical specificity necessary to appropriately assign ICD-10 codes. Clinical examples illustrating both effective and suboptimal documentation will be highlighted.
- ICD-10 Documentation Requirements provides an overview of the conventions, guidelines and classifications used in ICD-10. The general principles of ICD-10 coding will be reviewed as well as the key guidelines applicable to the female genitourinary system and maternity care.
- ICD-10 Diagnosis Coding for Obstetric Care Complications provides a review of the ICD-10 coding requirements for reporting Obstetrical complications, including the clinical specificity necessary to appropriately assign diagnosis codes. The guidelines for reporting and sequencing multiple obstetrical complications will be discussed using clinical examples.
- ICD-10 Diagnosis Coding for Gynecological Conditions discusses coding requirements for reporting common gynecological conditions including the clinical specificity necessary to appropriately assign the codes.
- Introduction to ICD-10 for Ob/gyns: A Smooth Transition focuses on the specific steps that providers, in all settings, should take to be ready for ICD-10 implementation – October 1, 2015.
Free ICD-10-CM Webcasts!
NOTE: No CME or CEUs are available for the free archived webcasts listed above.
All remaining Coding Workshops for 2015 are sold out. Due to the sold out status, no onsite registrations will be permitted. The 2016 Coding Workshops are scheduled to be posted and available for registration starting on October 1, 2015.
In the meantime, ACOG’s coding resources provide tools and guidance needed to code claims faster and more accurately.
For information on developing an ICD-10 implementation plan and the steps you can take to prepare for a successful transition, please view the CMS Quick Start Tool at: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/Downloads/
CODING WORKSHOPS, WEBCASTS AND PUBLICATIONS
ACOG is offering multiple ICD-10-CM training opportunities. In 2015, all diagnostic coding principles and guidelines in each coding workshop module (1-4) will be illustrated using only ICD-10 coding examples. Additionally, new Coding Workshop Module IV allows attendees to review the ICD-10 guidelines and practice ICD-10 code lookup and selection using the draft ICD-10 code set books.
In addition to timely articles on coding, practice management and liability issues, ACOG will also provide updates on ICD-10 training and ICD-10 implementation issues through the monthly subscription listserv. To subscribe to the listserv, visit the signup page on the ACOG website (www.acog.org). Once on the website, click on the Practice Management tab from the blue bar at the top of the page, and then click on Practice Management and Managed Care in the left-side menu. Scroll down to the Practice Management Update Newsletter article. When you open the article, there is a ‘Join Our List’ button that you may use to sign up for the free newsletter.
Alternatively, you may subscribe to the newsletter using the following link: acog.org/About_ACOG/ACOG_Departments/Practice_Management_and_Managed_Care/Practice_Management_Update_Newsletter
Past editions of the newsletter are also available. There is an unsubscribe link on every edition, in case you no longer wish to receive copies.
Facebook – Follow us on Facebook at:
Twitter – Keep up with current ICD-10 news at:
Complete versions of ICD-10
CMS ICD-10 Webpage
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
CMS General Equivalency Mappings (GEMS)
FREE CROSSWALK LINKS:
The American Academy of Professional Coders
Alkaline Software ICD Tool
ACOG’S LAMINATED CROSSWALK TOOL
ACOG now publishes an Obstetrics and Gynecology Laminated Crosswalk tool. The crosswalks are available as double-sided, laminated sheets, (one each for Obstetrics and Gynecology codes).
Disclaimer: Crosswalk tools are meant to be used in conjunction with the ICD publications in order to ensure appropriate code selection.
Crosswalks or other Coding publications may be purchased at the ACOG website bookstore at: sales.acog.org or by calling (800) 762-2264 or (770) 280-4184
CMS SPECIALTY SPECIFIC IMPLEMENTATION PLANNING TOOL – ROAD TO 10
CMS has just released a new, specialty-specific implementation tool, Road to 10. The new tool includes multiple resources and links to help you build your transition action plan. You can view the tool at: www.roadto10.org
Remember to check this page frequently for updates on ICD-10 training, tips, and tools.