College Guidance on Annual Women's Health Care
The College offers official guidance on topics such as screening, counseling, contraception, preconception, adolescent health care, immunizations, and sexually transmitted infections.
The third edition of Guidelines for Women's Health Care is a concise resource encompassing the full spectrum of policy and management issues relating to women’s health care. This book draws extensively on recommendations from the College’s Committee Opinions, Practice Bulletins, and Policy Statements as well as guidelines from other governmental and professional organizations, providing a digest of relevant information as well as extensive resource listings for both patients and health professionals.
Well Woman Care/Screening
- Committee Opinion #538, Nonmedical Use of Prescription Drugs
- Committee Opinion #518, Intimate Partner Violence
- Committee Opinion #503, Tobacco Use and Women's Health
- Committee Opinion #496, At-Risk Drinking and Alcohol Dependence - Obstetric and Gynecologic Implications
- Committee Opinion #478, Family History as a Risk Assessment Tool
Committee Opinion #423, Motivational Interviewing: A Tool for Behavior Change
- Committee Opinion #422, At-Risk Drinking and Illicit Drug Use: Ethical Issues in Obstetric and Gynecologic Practice
- Committee Opinion #532, Compounded Bioidentical Menopausal Hormone Therapy
- Practice Bulletin #119, Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Practice Bulletin #103, Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Syndrome
- Committee Opinion #539, Adolescents and Long-Acting Reversible Contraception: Implants and Intrauterine Devices
- Committee Opinion #530, Access to Postpartum Sterilization
- Committee Opinion #505, Understanding and Using the US Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use 2010
- Committee Opinion #458, Use of Hysterosalpingography After Tubal Sterilization
- Committee Opinion #450, Increasing Use of Contraceptive Implants and Intrauterine Devices To Reduce Unintended Pregnancy
- Committee Opinion #375, Brand Versus Generic Oral Contraceptives
- Committee Opinion #371, Sterilization of Women, Including Those With Mental Disabilities
- Practice Bulletin #121, Long-Acting Reversible Contraception: Implants and Intrauterine Devices
- Practice Bulletin #112, Emergency Contraception
- Practice Bulletin #73, Use of Hormonal Contraception in Women With Coexisting Medical Conditions
- Practice Bulletin #46, Benefits and Risks of Sterilization
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Other College Resources
Immunization for Women
An American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists site providing ob-gyns and their patients with a central, trusted source of up-to-date information on seasonal flu and other vaccine-preventable diseases, including immunization facts and safety, immunization schedules, clinical and practice management guidelines, and links to other reliable immunization resources.
Patient Education FAQs
More than 100 subjects covered in layman's language for patients. Spanish versions also available.
Developed by the College's Committee on Adolescent Health Care, the Adolescent Health Care Resource Guides assist health professionals in helping patients and their families to understand topics such as violence, sexuality, and alchol and tobacco use more completely.
Resources developed by the College's Committee on Health Care for Underserved Women: