National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
Working together, we’ve made great progress in helping to reduce the risk of SIDS in many communities. Let’s continue to work together to educate parents and caregivers about safe infant sleep. To support your efforts, our website offers free educational resources. Visit http://safetosleep.nichd.nih.gov. You can also click the link to get copies of the Safe to Sleep Flyer for your office.
Florida Department of Children and Families
FREE Safe Infant Sleep Materials for Florida’s Text4baby Partners!
Did you know?
• Suffocation and strangulation in an adult bed is the leading cause of injury-related death for Florida infants under age 1.
• The risk of sleeping-related infant death is 40 times higher for babies who sleep in adult beds compared to babies who sleep in their own cribs.
Help us educate new and expectant parents and caregivers on safe infant sleep by sharing Sleep Right, Sleep Tight educational materials. The Florida Department of Health and the Florida Department of Children and Families are partnering with the Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida to provide Florida’s text4baby partners with FREE supplies of safe sleep brochures, tip sheets and informational videos. All materials are available in English, Spanish and Creole and are consistent with the most recent recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Online ordering is quick and easy, just click here to place your order today!
Safe Sleep Campaign
There are many FREE items in the "Resources" tab on the website http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-welfare/safesleep/resources
- Press conference video footage, photos and press release
- Free printed materials
- Pack n Play set up demo video
- Video with a mom who lost a daughter to unsafe sleep
- Blog post from a mom who's daughter almost died from the use of bumper pads
- Safe Sleep video PSA (30-seconds)
In addition, the FREE first responder online CE trainings are live under the "First Responder" tab. http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-welfare/safesleep/firstresponders
We have many TV stations who have already agreed to show the 30-second PSA for free - we are very excited and thankful for the coverage! Here is a link to the broadcast-quality version in case your organization can use it: http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/newsroom/publicdocuments.asp?path=Headquarters/SafeSleep%20PSA