Meeting and Events
Ob-Gyn Advocacy Day at The Texas Capitol
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Take the message of women’s health care to Texas Legislators!
Bring your white coat, your colleagues and your enthusiasm for exceptional medical care to Austin on April 7th. Obstetricians and gynecologists from across Texas will gather to make our voices heard on urgent legislative issues, in conjunction with the Texas Medical Association’s monthly First Tuesdays program.
YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Our state senators and representatives listen when physicians from their districts make personal visits. Issues raised during the 84th Legislative Session will be tough for medicine and women’s health care.
Priorities for the 84th Legislative Session include:
- Preserve funds and services for Medicaid, Texas Women’s Health Program, DSHS Family Planning, and DSHS Primary Expanded Healthcare Program. Ensure eligibility, access and continuity is preserved if consolidation of programs occurs.
- Address the post‐delivery health needs of women beyond initial follow up visits.
- Access to affordable contraception, including long‐acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs).
- Work with HHSC and DSHS to improve birth outcomes while addressing racial disparities.
- Support the work of the Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Taskforce.
- Ensure the practice of midwifery by lay midwives is regulated. Strengthen standards to increase patient safety.
ACOG District XI and TAOG are hoping that YOU will take the time to come to Austin to create a strong presence.
- The morning of Tuesday, April 7th,we’ll take part of TMA’s “First Tuesday” program, and learn how to be an effective advocate for your patients, your
practices and women’s health care.
- Tuesday afternoon, make personal visits to state lawmakers. Be sure to schedule your visits ahead of time
- Go to TMA’s First Tuesday page at www.texmed.org/firsttuesdays ($25 fee)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ve registered, so we can get a count of expected Ob-Gyns. Lodging suggestions are on the TMA registration site.
Questions? Contact Sarah Rayburn at email@example.com or 512-593-2065.
Click here for the program flyer.
Save the Date! ACOG District XI and TAOG 2015 Joint Annual Meeting
“High Performing Practices: Getting There and Staying There”
October 2-4, 2015
The Hyatt Regency Dallas
The Hyatt Regency is one of Dallas’ most iconic luxury hotels, featuring a 50-story building and Reunion Tower, a city landmark where visitors can take in a panoramic view of the city. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, visitors can take advantage of all of the museums, restaurants, and night life Dallas has to offer.
- New! Sessions designed specifically for young physicians.
- Practical clinical topics such as management of perinatal infections and menopausal wellness.
- Recent updates relevant to the practicing physician on issues like cervical cancer.
- Hands-on skills labs and workshops geared specifically towards medical students and residents.
- Poster sessions and exhibits.
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC) review session for ABOG MOC exam.
- Ethics hours available.
- Stetsons and Stilettos: District XI Ob-Gyn PAC event. Join us on Saturday for a fun-filled Texas themed evening of dancing, activities and networking.
Online Registration opens in April!
Are you interested in submitting an abstract? Click here for more information.
Questions? Contact Sarah Rayburn at firstname.lastname@example.org