Accepting Nominations: Creighton L. Edwards, MD, Award in Compassionate Care
Deadline: September 30, 2014
The annual Edwards Award was created and funded to recognize a Texas Ob/Gyn Resident in Training who has demonstrated an outstanding ability to communicate compassion, empathy, and respect for patients while providing superior medical care. The award winner should demonstrate a commitment to continued education, surgical skills and medical knowledge. The winner should also exhibit a willingness to encourage and cultivate these valued personal and medical talents and skills in his/her colleagues, coworkers and students.
- Ob/Gyn Resident in PGY2-PGY4 training in the state of Texas
- Nomination must be made in writing in the form of a letter from a faculty member at the Resident's home institution well acquainted with the nominee
- The nomination letter must include examples of how the resident meets the description noted above
- A supporting letter from a nurse. A supporting letter from a patient is strongly encouraged, but not required
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Nominations will be accepted from July 1, 2014-September 30, 2014. The award recipient will be notified by the end of the year
Edwards Award Winner:
- The award will be presented to the winner at the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology meeting of their choice
- Winner will be asked to share his/her thoughts and philosophy on compassionate care with audience members
- Travel to and registration for the selected CREOG Meeting will be paid for by the College
- Award winner will receive complimentary registration to the District XI Annual District Meeting
To nominate a resident for the Edwards Award, please submit the nomination letter from a faculty member, supporting letter from a member of the nursing staff, supporting letter from a patient (if applicable), and the nominee's curriculum vitae via email to Sarah Rayburn.