JUNIOR FELLOW DAY REGISTRATION
Register online, via mail or email/fax for District III Junior Fellow Day to be held Friday, October 21, 2016 at the Student Faculty Center and Medical Education Research Building at Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine in Philadelphia. The program is open to ACOG Junior Fellows and Medical Students and will feature lectures on Quality Improvement, Patient Safety, and Obesity. The winning Junior Fellow Prize Paper will also be presented (see Call for Abstracts below), plus Roundtable lunch discussions on generalist and subspecialty training, and hands on simulations.
Click here to print a registration form. Those that wish to register multiple attendees may do so by contacting Christine Himes at the District III office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 888-873-7813.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Program Committee of District III Junior Fellow Day Annual Meeting of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists announces the Call for Abstracts for presentation at District III Junior Fellow Day. Deadline for submission is Friday, September 16, 2016.
One (1) abstract will be selected for presentation during the program on Junior Fellow Day, October 21, 2016 in Philadelphia. In addition, this paper will also be entered in the Donald F. Richardson Memorial Prize Paper Competition; two winners are selected from among our twelve districts’ best papers to present at the Annual Meeting next May in San Diego, CA.
Abstracts should be submitted to Christine Himes at email@example.com by Friday, September 16, 2016.
ABSTRACT REQUIREMENTS FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
Please prepare your submission in accordance with the requirements listed below:
- Abstracts must be typed, no more than 250 words, single-spaced. Do not indent headings.
- Abstracts should be proofread prior to submission. Abstract data cannot be altered after the submission deadline. Title and authors may not be changed.
- Abstracts must be original work and should not have been published previously.
- The initial aspect of the abstract should contain the title and the author(s) name and respective site(s) of the study. Single space all typing. The first author listed should make the presentation.
- Please use Times Roman font, point size 11. Do not use script.
- The text should be structured to describe the objective of the study and results of your work. It should include the following headings:
Introduction: a brief statement about the purpose of the study and the current state of research in the field.
Methods: the method(s) of study or data collection used.
Results: a summary of the study results including sufficient details to support your conclusions.
Conclusions: a statement explaining the significance of your work and the implications for further research.
- If you are presenting a case study, begin the abstract with the words "Case Study" and you may exclude the structure above.
- Tables or graphs may be included. Please do not include artwork or images.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Use numerals to indicate numbers except at the beginning of sentences.
Donald F. Richardson Memorial Prize Paper Awards
After the oral presentation at the District meeting, each District Chair, or his/her designee, will select the best (one) Junior Fellow manuscript presented and sends that manuscript to ACOG National and ACOG National will send the manuscript to an anonymous Congress committee appointed to review the manuscripts. This committee will then select the two best manuscripts submitted from all twelve Districts.
The two winning manuscripts will be presented orally (by their authors) at the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting of The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, May 6-9, 2017 in San Diego, CA. The authors of the winning manuscripts will be encouraged to submit the manuscripts to the editor of Obstetrics & Gynecology for possible publication.
The two award recipients will each receive a $2,000 stipend to cover their hotel and travel expenses to the Annual Meeting, and a special certificate that will be presented at the Annual Meeting.
- Principal author must be a Junior Fellow of ACOG at the time of their oral manuscript presentation. To be eligible for the award, you must also be a member of the District where you are presenting your manuscript.
- All manuscripts submitted to the national office for the Donald F. Richardson awards must have been presented orally at your annual Fellow or Junior Fellow Fall District meeting. When the Junior Fellows meet separate from the Fellows, the manuscript submission will be accepted from the Junior Fellow meeting ONLY.
- After the District meeting, the Districts’ first place Junior Fellow manuscript must be submitted as one document electronically in a Microsoft Word format with a cover letter noting the presenter of the manuscript and one blinded copy, to the ACOG National Office, Department of District and Section Activities, no later than Monday, November 30, 2016.
- The principal author is requested to present the manuscript orally at the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting.
- The manuscript must not have been published prior to May 2017.
- Manuscripts should be prepared in a form suitable for publication consistent with that used by the Congress journal, Obstetrics & Gynecology; however, only the front sheet should designate the name(s) of the author(s), the date and the District meeting at which the manuscript was presented. The remaining pages should contain the title of the manuscript but not the name(s) of the author.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Two Awards - $2,000 Each to cover hotel and travel expenses to attend the Annual Meeting
Please mark your calendars and spread the word.
Ashley Graul, MD
District III JF Chair
Krystilyn Washington, MD
District III JF Vice Chair
Anthony Sciscione, DO
District III JF Advisor