WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- In-person, four-day visit by practicing ob-gyns and nurses with 10+ years of quality review expertise
- Additional reviewers may include certified nurse midwives, anesthesiologists, or family physicians
- Assessment includes facility tour, staff interviews, and peer review of medical records
- Evaluation using evidence-based ACOG guidelines
- Final report with findings, actionable recommendations, and ACOG resources
WHAT WOULD WE NEED TO DO?
Following a request for a site visit (link to How to Get Started), the hospital will be asked to:
A site visit lasts four days (see a typical schedule below). All efforts will be made to schedule a site visit within 60 days of submission of all data.
Typical Site Visit Schedule
IS IT RIGHT FOR OUR HOSPITAL?
The VRQC program has provided over 300 confidential peer review consultations. Whether your hospital is large or small, urban or rural, academic or community based, we can assess the quality of care that is provided and propose recommendations for improvement.
HOW WILL IT BENEFIT OUR HOSPITAL?
One review, countless benefits:
- Identify issues underlying adverse events
- Improve teamwork and trust
- Enhance patient-centered care and outcomes
- Better your position for value-based payments
- Reduce risk of malpractice claims
WHO ARE THE REVIEWERS?
Reviewers are selected from the VRQC Reviewer Panel, composed of ACOG Fellows experienced in peer review and quality assessment techniques, board-certified physicians in other specialties (ie, anesthesiologists, family physicians, certified nurse-midwives) and nurses specializing in obstetrics. Reviewers participate in a VRQC training program, and complete periodic retraining. A high degree of sensitivity to confidentiality has been built into the VRQC Program. All reviewers must preserve the confidentiality of the identities of hospitals and physicians reviewed by the program. The hospital will be given the opportunity, before the site visit, to review credentials of the reviewers chosen.