An Ob-Gyn resident in an approved program (US & Canada) or a recent graduate of a program. Junior Fellow is also available to residents in Mexico, Latin American Sections (Central America, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador and Peru) and the West Indies.
- Current participation in an approved residency in obstetrics and gynecology, or upon successful completion of such a program, provided it is within 14 years from the start of the candidate's residency.
- Immediate and continued limitation of professional activities, exclusively, to obstetrics and/or gynecology.
- Attainment of high ethical and professional standing.
Processing of completed applications may take 2-4 weeks and cannot begin until ACOG has received a completed Junior Fellow application. After approval has been granted, Junior Fellows are admitted and notified by mail on a monthly basis. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER DUPLICATE APPLICATIONS. IT WILL NOT SPEED UP PROCESSING OF YOUR ORIGINAL APPLICATION. Please complete and submit the online application for Junior Fellow.
Junior Fellow (Español) por favor completar y someter en linea la Solicitud de membresía para Junior Fellow o descargar e imprimir la solicitud haciendo clic aquí.
All active Junior Fellows in Training/Residency are automatically rolled into the Junior Fellow in Practice category upon completion of their training program. Junior Fellows in Practice will be billed in July for their dues. All active Osteopathic residents are automatically rolled into the Associate Member category upon completion of their training program and dues will be billed in July.
Please keep in mind that the initials FACOG and JFACOG may not be used by a Junior Fellow.
Board certification exams and the Case List Summary are not handled by ACOG. Please contact the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) for information. The contact number is 214-871-1619.
Subspecialty Fellowships are managed by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). The website is located at http://www.nrmp.org
The following specialty matches are managed by the NRMP. The date in parenthesis indicates the year when the match began.
- Reproductive Endocrinology (1991)
- Gynecologic Oncology (1993)
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine (1994)
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (2001)
Junior Fellow Member Benefits can be found on the Junior Fellow Department page; click here to access.
Open resident positions can be found by year by clicking here.