Name: Health Volunteers Overseas (HVO)
Description: HVO seeks to improve global health through education of the local health workforce in resource-scarce countries. Our volunteers are highly qualified professionals who build local capacity by empowering local health providers with knowledge and skills to address the needs of their communities
Description: NGOabroad is a unique service that helps you enter or advance in international humanitarian work
and provides frugal, customized international volunteer opportunities.
Name: Operation GivingBack
Description: Operation Giving Back, managed by the American College of Surgeons, is a comprehensive resource designed to help surgeons find volunteer opportunities best suited to their expertise and interests, whether across town or across the world.
Other Global Opportunities
Listed here are some organizations that Fellows have worked with to provide global health service.
- Cape Cod Community Health Center, https://www.chcofcapecod.org
- Center for Development in Central America, http://jhc-cdca.org
- Community Health Initiative - Haiti (CHI-Haiti), http://www.chihaiti.org
- Crudem, http://www.crudem.org
- Health Talents, http://healthtalents.org
- Hearts in Motion, http://www.heartsinmotion.org
- International Midwife Assistance, Teso Safe Motherhood Project, http://www.midwifeassist.org
- Medical Ministry International (MMI), http://www.mmicanada.ca
- Medicine in Action, http://medicineinaction.org
- Saving Mothers, http://savingmothers.org
- Stanford Global Health, http://globalhealth.stanford.edu
- The International Organization for Women and Development, Inc, http://www.iowd.org
- University of Washington, http://depts.washington.edu/obgyn/patient-care/family-planning.html