The 2013 Annual District Meeting will be held October 11–13 in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico, with Districts I and III. The meeting will offer a first-rate educational program, featuring faculty from all three districts. The location is the perfect setting to reunite with old friends and meet new ones!
District IV is the host district of the ADM, and Roger B. Newman, MD, is program chair. ADM program highlights include:
- Alfred A. Abuhamad, MD, Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, as the David A. Nagey Memorial Perinatal Outreach Lecturer
- Peter E. Schwartz, MD, Yale University in New Haven, CT, as the A. Cullen Richardson Memorial Lecturer
- Hope A. Ricciotti, MD, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, presenting on the education of the next generation of ob-gyns
- Anna K. Sfakiananki, MD, Yale University in New Haven, CT, presenting on capabilities of gynecologic ultrasound
- Richard H. Beigi, MD, Magee-Women’s Hospital of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, presenting on new diagnosis and treatment recommendations for sexually transmitted diseases
- Melisa M. Holmes, MD, practicing ob-gyn in Greenville, SC, and co-founder of Girlology, presenting on insights into understanding adolescent sexuality
For those interested, the ADM will be preceded by a postgraduate course on controversies in well-woman care in ob-gyn on October 10. Course presenters are Deborah A. Driscoll, MD, University of Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia; William D. Schlaff, MD, Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia; and Ashlyn H. Savage, MD, Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
The course program will focus on prenatal genetic testing, familial cancer screening, infertility evaluation, diagnosis and management of polycystic ovary syndrome, adopting new cervical cancer screening guidelines, and the role of annual pelvic exams in the 21st century.
Rio Grande offers lush tropical beauty, unspoiled natural wonders, and an endless choice of recreational activities for the whole family. The meeting’s hotel—Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa—is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the El Yunque Caribbean National Forest. There is no passport requirement for US citizens to travel to the meeting location.
The ADMs are always enlightening and entertaining. Please save the dates! More information will be available soon on the District IV website.