Donate and Support College Activities
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Department of Development
The current Donor Report is available online.
Why I Donate Monthly
The College Development Department is responsible for all fundraising activities – from Fellows’ annual gifts to independent educational grants from industry.
Membership dues only account for 32% of our annual budget, making donations to the College an invaluable financial component in our ability to participate in and initiate new programs and projects that would otherwise be out of reach. Past contributions have supported an array of important activities including the Global Women’s Medicine Library, Council on Patient Safety in Women’s Health Care and reVITALize programs.
Whether supporting a special initiative, renewing your annual support, structuring a planned gift or endowment, or honoring a colleague or mentor, tax-deductible donations ensure that we are prepared and able to meet the challenges we face in providing the best possible health care for women.
Why I Donate as a Junior Fellow
How to Give:
Stipends and Honoraria:
- Stipends and honoraria from ACOG can be redirected back to the College. Please contact Kathleen Kenny at email@example.com before accepting payments to avoid tax-liabilities.
- You may make one-time gifts or recurring donations with all major credit cards.
- Please make all checks payable to The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and mail to Development Department, ACOG, 409 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC, 20024.
- If you would like to donate marketable securities, please have your broker or custodian send the certificates “free and clear” through the DTC system to:
DTC ID #5198
Merrill Lynch Account: 5TL-02248
American College of Ob/GYN Reserve Assets
Either you or your custodian should contact Mr. Winship Ross in the office of George Dunn and Peter Dunne at the Global Institutional Consulting Division of Merrill Lynch to notify him of a pending transfer. Please include the name and quantity of the securities. His email is Winship.Ross@ML.com and phone is 301-215-4445.
Where to direct your gift:
- Annual Giving: Annual giving options range from the $100 Schmitz Society to the $2,500 President’s Society – each conveying its own unique benefits. New this year! Hospitals, departments or practices can make a tax-deductible donation and become a member of the Ruby or Diamond Society.
- CREOG Empower Fund: Donations will help to promote and maintain excellence in education by providing resources and offerings that would otherwise not be able to be offered.
- Global Women’s Health: Donations support our work in low-resource regions around the world.
- Green Choice Fund: Donations exclusively support an annual activity or event selected by the Committee on Scientific Program.
- Honor Your Mentor Program: You may recognize a mentor or colleague who has been instrumental to your success. Donors and honorees will be commemorated on a permanent custom display within ACOG’s conferencing center.
- Memorial Gifts: Remember someone special by making a gift in their name.
- Planned Gifts: Bequests, living trusts, retirement plan assets and/or life insurance policies make excellent charitable gifts and may result in significant estate tax savings.
- Endowments: Help us to further our educational and scientific independence, promote quality, and ensure financial stability.
Contributions to the College are considered charitable donations and are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by applicable law.